The Union Public Service Commission is an organization under the government of India that is responsible for making an Indian graduate a civil servant. Being a civil servant is a matter of great pride in our country as they hold important posts and are considered the backbone of India’s administration. However, with a great post comes great commitment, their decision and disposition directly impact the law and order in the country. Therefore, UPSC has some pre devised criteria for recruiting candidates on India’s top services to ensure the integrity of the recruitment process.
Recently, the commission released the results for the UPSC CSE prelims on 29th October 2021. The mains are likely to be conducted in January next year. Before each exam UPSC releases admit cards for registered candidates. The UPSC CSE Admit card is one of the most important documents released during the recruitment process by the commission. Therefore, in this article, we will learn about downloading them along with other information.
A Brief About UPSC & Its Recruitment Exams
Know more about one of the premier agencies of the country through the points mentioned below.
- UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission, it is a central organisation set up under Article 315 of the Constitution of India.
- It organises exams to ensure the entry of eligible graduate candidates into India’s top government services.
- UPSC recruits candidates to civil services and defense services through exams like NDA, NA, and CDS.
- In a survey, UPSC exams were considered to be one of the ten toughest exams in the world.
- Amidst all the other exams, Civil Services Examination (CSE) is one of the most popular exams conducted by the commission.
- Through UPSC CSE candidates are recruited on 24 top government services like IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc.
- CSE has three stages, an objective preliminary test, written mains exam and the interview.
- The UPSC preliminary test is just qualifying in nature, the merit depends on the marks scored in the mains and the interview.
Learn about the UPSC IAS exam pattern in detail to be able to devise an adequate strategy to ace the exam.
Important Information On UPSC CSE Admit Cards
Let’s gather some useful information about the UPSC admit cards.
- UPSC releases the online admit cards at least 4 weeks before the exam date.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the UPSC website which is www.upsc.gov.in.
- A candidate needs a roll number or registration id to get access to the admit card.
- UPSC mentions a candidate’s name, roll number, date of birth, father’s name, exam date, timing, centre’s name, sign and photo along with some important instructions, etc
- Candidates must check all the above-mentioned details immediately after getting access to the admit card.
- In case of any discrepancy, one must approach the concerned authority in the commission and get it rectified.
Steps For Downloading The UPSC Admit Card.
Admit card is a crucial document. Without it, a candidate cannot appear for the UPSC CSE. Therefore, one should not lose opportunities due to a lack of information when one can easily access the UPSC admit cards by following the steps below.
- Search for UPSC official website upsc.gov.in.
- On the welcoming page of the website click on the admit card option.
- After being directed to a new page type the registration number and roll number, etc. in the respective spaces.
- After successfully entering the credentials, the admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Save and download it.
- Furthermore, take a printout and save it till the end of the recruitment process.