Universal account number (UAN). The PF account member required an Active UAN and from the following simple steps it is compulsory, employee & employers may trigger he / she PF account UNA Number from. Anyone who has a PF account can enable their UAN by sending an SMS or an Android APP through Member Portal and smartphone.
As mentioned earlier, the employees can merge and manage many PF accounts at one place on the UAN portal. While shifting jobs, the employee must provide the employer with a UAN to initiate the EPF process. To take advantage of the fund withdrawal facility from PF accounts, employees are only required to seed bank account with UAN and provide their Aadhaar Card and PAN data.
Registration and Activation of UAN
Every member of the EPF is given a UAN number. The employers, once you start contributing to the EPF account, tell their employees this number. That number is your EPF account’s primary key. You will work with this number and see your EPF account yourself. However, unless you register your UAN number at the UAN portal, you can not use the online services. To connect your mobile number and set the password, you must register. Registration effectively creates your direct link to the EPFO
Steps of UAN Registration
The UAN member portal itself allows you to sign UAN. You’re expected to enter your UAN, mobile number and other information during the registration process. The device will check your mobile number via an OTP send. If you ever forget the password, the mobile number is important. Be vigilant therefore when entering your mobile phone.
- Visit UAN portal (https:/unified portal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/user interface) and press the ‘Activate UAN’ button to activate your UAN. You will find the button below the UAN login tab.
- You’d be seeing a fill out the form. You can trigger your UAN by entering any of the following four pieces of information on your paper.
- Members UAN
- EPF ID
- Please enter a name, date of birth, mobile number and email address after selecting one of the above options.
- Follow the instructions as the EPF number is being filled in. Remember, the only way to restore the forgotten password and UAN login will be to fill in the mobile number which is permanent as this number.
- You have to enter the captcha after filling out the information and submit the form.
- You will get an authorization PIN into your mobile phone for authentication of your mobile number. Read the text message, and type the PIN. You will need to tick a small comment and submit the form.
- After submitting the details, you’d see your name, date of birth and details of your employer. Check it, and build your password. The password should be alphanumeric, have a minimum of 1 special character and a length of 8-25. And also having special characters! @#$ to ^ & *). Remember that to log in to the UAN member site, you must recall the password.
- Send and submit an email address. This completes the registration and works at UAN.
Steps to UAN Login
- Visit the EPFO website (https:/www.epfindia.gov.in/index.php/site en).
- Click on ‘For Employees’ in the ‘Our Services’ section.
- Tap ‘Member UAN / Online Service (OCS / OTCP),’ on the next tab.
- Next, enter the information of UAN, password, and captcha, and click ‘Inscribe.’
- The next page will be your EPFO portal home page.
Now you can merge several PF accounts using their UAN and handle all accounts as one, instead of closing a PF account any time a subscriber changes the work. The subscribers must ensure that the requirements mentioned below are in effect before beginning the merger process.